Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
150 Doctors are Online

What does 114/99 for a stage II hypertension patient with SOB indicate ?

i have hypertension stage two - my pressure right now is 114/99 - are these numbers too close and i am SOB - i am on two types of bp meds
Asked On : Sat, 14 May 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  842
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Welcome to HCM
Good Day
The BP should be checked after taking rest fir 15 minutes and no stimulant like coffee, chocolate, energy drinks etc. have been taken in the previous 1 hour. Besides the repeat check of the BP needs to be done after an hour as well. Try this once keeping in mind the above criteria and then note down the BP as many factors can increase the BP falsely. 114/99mmHg indicates Stage II mostly Diastolic hypertension probably because you had a high salt meal. Nothing to worry, isolated levels can be elevated and distinguished early commonly. Check the BP correctly and then re-enter it here. What is your age. Do you smoke cigarettes. Do you drink alcohol. Are you a Diabetic.
Answered: Mon, 27 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
diastolic pressure 99 is high.Also you are already on medicins so its uncontrolled.systolic is normal 114.consult your docter and adjust the doses. I am ayurvedic specialist in heart disease and hypertention if you are intrested in ayurvedic medicin so contact me on wisit my website
Answered: Sat, 14 May 2011
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor