• question-icon

What do you suggest for a blighted ovum?

hi, im 8 weeks 4days pregnant and saw a heartbeat of 125 at 6wks2d, for the past week i have lost most of my symptoms except sore breasts and gas. should i be concerned or is this ok? i have a healthy 2 year boy but i had a blighted ovum in oct 2103 hence why im little concerned
Tue, 14 Jan 2020

You can consult a gynecologist and plan for a repeat ultrasound to assess fetal cardiac activity. As of now strict bed rest is required. If there is signs of abortion, drugs like progestin may be needed.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr Shinas Hussain, General & Family Physician