Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

What do you recommend for bad scalp eczema ?

my 6 year old daughter has really bad flaky eczema on her scalp which cinstantly irritates her and causes her to scratch, she is also beginning to develop bald patches due to this. what do you recommend ?
Asked On : Mon, 28 Mar 2011
Answers:  4 Views:  618
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
Dear pt,
according to info given by you it seems to be tinea capitis ,a type of fungal infection of scalp. I suggest you see a good dermatologist at earliest.because it can be no of other things also.Meanwhile u can use salisia KT shampoo,by ajanta pharma.
Answered: Sat, 2 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
Dear p't
welcome to"HealthcareMagic"forum
may be its fungal infection on her scalp,also worm infection in intestine,
so for better solution meet your dermatologist and genaral physicion,
further home treatment--proper wash with warm water.with anticeptic,dont use
other things. thanks.................
Answered: Mon, 28 Mar 2011
  Anonymous's Response
Dear Patient,

This is a fungal infection known as Tinea Capitis. Please consult a dermatologist.

Dr Jibesh Kar
Answered: Mon, 28 Mar 2011
  User's Response
Dear Patient,
Best thing is that you consult a dermatologist,if not possible to meet a dermatologist than you use Scalpe shampoo twice per week & apply Desowen lotion over the itchy flakes for 4-5 days.Also give oral Azithromycin Syp 8 ml once daily for 3 days.You may also send her photographs on my email -

Dr Sharat Gupta
Answered: Mon, 28 Mar 2011
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor