Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

What do you do when your blood sugar gets to high ?

What do you do when your blood sugar gets to high? what do you do when your blood sugar gets to high? i have had high blood sugars in the 500s in the past week and i have been doing nothing wrong? i went to the ER last night because i fainted driving to work. that was really scary.
Asked On : Sat, 19 Dec 2009
Answers:  1 Views:  702
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
  Anonymous's Response

Most people who have had a blood glucose level over 500mg are considered to be into uncontrolled diabetis. When blood glucose level gets over 500mg, generally, the cause is uncontrolled diabetes. The effects of having a consistent high blood glucose level over 500mg can be devastating on the body which can cause complications such as heart disease and stroke, blindness, hypertension, diabetic neuropathy, nerve damage, depression, complications with feet, kidney disease and limb amputation. So watch out. Get sugars checked again and get dose adjustments for your medications.

Answered: Sat, 19 Dec 2009
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor