What do white and red spots in the throat along with sore throat indicate?

So I woke up this morning with a sore throat and I look and I have white spots on my tonsils and red bumps in the back of my throat. I was sick earlier this week but thought I had gotten over it. However in the past 32 hrs I performed oral sex on my boyfriend. So I dont know if that could be the cause. Another incident earlier this year I had same symptoms but I had not performed oral sex in 6 months at that point and when I went to a doctor I was tested for strep throat and it came back negative, she said that it was just a cold and I'll get over it and that the antibiotics I had been put on were not necessary I dont know if it's the same thing or if I should be concerned. Thanks for the help.
Thu, 30 Aug 2018

These are petechiae spots that develop after an episode of pharyngitis.

Continue antibiotics and do warm saline gargles. Nothing much to worry and it will settle by itself soon.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.