What do tenderness and pain in the sternum indicate?

Hi. My sternum is tender to the touch and also a slight buldge. it s usually more painful when I get pain that starts in my right shoulder blade and reaches around to the front. It s as if I have a muscle pull. It s not ongoing. It s frequent off and on. I was thinking maybe it could be my gall bladder? (referred pain)
Mon, 26 Mar 2018

It can be musculoskeletal pain for which ibuprofen can prescribe for five days. A hot compress can be applied. Avoid movement that causing pain. Avoid strenuous activities. Consult a physician for examination and get your prescription.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Parth Goswami