What do symptoms such as red spots on the roof of the mouth and on the soles of the feet indicate?

hi a 58 year old friend of mine, male,got a rash on his hands, feet, and red spots on the roof of his mouth. the red spots on the soles of his feet were painful to walk on the first day. I thought it was hand foot and mouth disease. if it is not that, what other medical condition could it be?
Tue, 2 Jul 2019
Hi,You may be right. Most probably it may be hand,foot and mouth disease. Consult the dermatologist for the perfect diagnosis and proper treatment. As it is viral disease,it is self limiting condition. It may clear in few weeks. Symptomatic treatment may be considered. A course of antibiotic may be given to prevent the secondary bacterial infection. Hope this helps.Dr.Ilyas Patel,Dermatologist