What do swollen lymph nodes in the neck indicate?

Hi. I am experiencing swollen glands in my neck which is a discomfort in swollowing. I do not have a sore throat nor is my tonsils swollen. My mother has had thyroid problems for years (under active) and she has a goiter. Is this hereditary and what I am experiencing?
Mon, 26 Mar 2018

It seems that you can have thyroid gland enlargement. Post photo to see whether it is gland swelling or lymph node swelling. Physical examination is also helpful. FNAC can be taken from swelling to see the nature of the lesion.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Parth Goswami