What do runny nose and sneezing post colonoscopy indicate?

I had a colonoscopy at 8:00 a.m. this morning and ever since I came home my left nostril has been dripping and I m sneezing like crazy. I did have oxygen during the colonoscopy but only my left side, the side I was laying on, is having this reaction. What is causing this?
Fri, 29 Jan 2016
Pathologist and Microbiologist 's  Response
Hello and welcome to HCM,
Nasal dripping and sneezing seem to be un-associated with colonoscopy.
These symptoms may be due to brief reaction to oxygen, however, there is nothing to worry.
These symptoms will disappear within few days.
You may take anti-histaminic treatment to control these symptoms.
Colonoscopy is not known to cause nasal dripping and sneezing as side effects.

Thanks and take care
Dr Shailja Puri