What do red spots on the tonsil indicate?

Hi I have a red spot/ball on the skin flaps in front of my tonsil it has been there for a few weeks feels sore but nothing intense. I just recently quit smoking.i am a young female. I have a dentist appt in a few weeks and will have it checked but I am worried in the meantime please help!
Tue, 20 Mar 2018
Dentist 's  Response

As per your query, you have symptoms of red spots on the tonsil which seems to be due to inflammation leading to tonsillitis. I would suggest you to do warm saline gargles on daily basis.

You should take antibiotic Amoxicillin for 5 days in combination with anti-inflammatory medication. Visit ENT specialist once and get it examined.

You should get throat swab test done and go for blood tests as well and start treatment after proper prescription. Avoid oily, sharp food and cold beverages. Drink plenty of fluids.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Harry Maheshwari