What do red rashes on the neck indicate?

Earlier this evening after my shower, I noticed a small red mark on the side of my neck. A few minutes ago, I found a second one on the back of my neck. Both are slightly raised. The first is in the area of my carotid artery, while the second is just to the side of my cervical spine.
Thu, 7 Jun 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

As per your case history you are having polymorphic light eruption.
My treatment advice is -
1. Avoid sun exposure and use a good sunscreen lotion with SPF more than 30.
2. Apply a mild antibiotic plus steroid cream like Fusiderm-b cream twice daily on it.
3. Take a Vitamin c supplement once daily for 30 days.
4. Other treatment options are oral steroid like Prednisone or Betamethasone taken only after consulting a dermatologist.

Thanks.
Dr. Harshit bhachech.
MBBS, DDVL.