What do rashes on the arms, chest and back indicate?

my granddaughter 18yrs. has a rash on arms, chest, back stomach. has been diagnosed as contact dermatits. had it for 1 month took 14 days of steriods finished 1 week ago. rash never cleared up and is back worse than ever. dr. wants to refer her to dermatologist. now she is complaining of nausea and sore throat as well as itching. what else could this be?
Thu, 7 Jun 2018
Anesthesiologist 's  Response
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.
Taper down steroids and try just Lactocalamine lotion with Zinc
and if it doesn't subside try to visit dermatologist
She might be allergic to some source around.
Identify the specific food, pollen trees around or new detergent or soap and eliminate trigger factor.
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.