What do pressure in the chest and shortness of breath indicate?

I have had two sessions of sweating, tightness around chest and shortness of breath. It lasted about thirty minutes. It was after eating. Last year from a MRI that I had a small esophageal hernia. Would there be a connection between these - eating and the above sessions?
Mon, 30 Apr 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

In some very large esophageal hernias, the stomach may push on the diaphragm or compress the lungs contributing to a sensation of shortness of breath.

So, your symptoms seem to be related to a hernia. I suggest you see your gastrologist for further treatment.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Dorina Gurabardhi