What do painful sores inside the upper lip indicate?

I have painful sores inside my upper lip, in both hemispheres, that have intermittent pain, in waves. They don t appear like coldsores. There is a layer of mucousa missing, with tiny, white, bubble like sores within the missing area. Very sensitive to heat, cold, salt, spices. This is day 12, and pain is lessening, but still very tender. Any ideas what it is, what could be causing it, and how I could prevent further outbreaks?
Wed, 6 Jun 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

I have gone through your complaints and these could be canker sores. I would recommend you to apply triamcinolone acetonide oral paste on the affected areas thrice daily and take multivitamin tablet for few days.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.