What do itchy rashes on the body indicate?

I sure hope so. I have a "rash" as it started out; however I have now had this almost a year. The rash is not going away regardless of what I do. I have used all imaginable and some other people have advised me. How ever, no success. I still have it and I think it is spreading. I do not wish to see a derbatologist? (skin dr) because they test and test and test and you end up with an allergy to some dumb thing and nothing goes away. Same for so many of my friends. I have searched your web site for rashes, none of it looks like mine. I have used over the counter ointments, etc. Same results. Next I have changed my washing power so all my clothes are done up differently; I can't give you a list of all the things I have used. Some seem to lighten it, but the only thing that helps to stop the itch is an 'Anti-Itch Continuous Spray" from walmart. What next?
Fri, 9 Feb 2018
Hello! Welcome to HealthcareMagic!

It looks like an allergic reaction due to a certain of allergen. Some advice that I can give you are:

1) Take antihistamines like Cetirizine 10 mg once daily for 5 days.
2) Take corticosteroids with prescription, if you don't get better.
3) Stay in a cool room.
4) Continue using the anti-itch spray.
5) Take cold showers

Hope my answer was helpful. If you have any other question Ill be glad to help.

Thank you for the query.

Dr. Dorina Gurabardhi, General & Family Physician