What do elevated PSA levels indicate?

Hi! My husband had a prostectomy 7 years ago, but had a slight elevation in his PSA the last 3 months. Nothing showed up on scans, so he had radiation of his prostatic bed for 7 weeks, 5 days a week, at Stanford. He is recovering from the fatigue, but is still very incontinent. We have an RX of Flomax, but without a prostate how is this helpful? Thanks!
Wed, 20 Jun 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.

I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Possible causes are like:

Urinary tract infection or prostatitis or medical procedure or bike riding or urinary tract infection or ejaculation or prostate metastasis etc. Until examination is done it is difficult to say what it is. Avoid spicy food and alcohol. Check for bone metastasis of prostate malignancy.

Hope I have answered your query.

Let me know if I can assist you further.