Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
197 Doctors are Online

What do I do if accidentally swallowed a piece of beef ?

What do I do if I accidentally swallowed a piece of food (beef jerky) and it went down the wrong pipe I don't really think it's causing breathing problems but it's discomforting I am 14 years old I accidentally swallowed a piece of beef jerky and it went down the wrong pipe i don t really think it s causing breathing problems but it s discomforting I am 14 years old
Asked On : Mon, 13 Jun 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  610
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Thinks for query,
I do not think piece has gone in the respiratory tract pipe.otherwise it might have caused breathing difficulty,severe cough reflex, chest pain etc.
some time piece is swallowed as such in the esophagus gives little dis comfort in the chest.
if your breathing is alright,no coughing or no difficulty in breathing you should not worry but to be on safer side consult your doctor and let him examined.
ok and bye.
Answered: Mon, 13 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor