Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
183 Doctors are Online

What diet to take to reduce uric acid level ?

hello doctor , I am 28 year male, I am feeling pain in my both legs specially in knee and and below of knee continuously … once I consulted orthopedic doctor he save some medicine and test to do like Uric acid test and vitamin d test and hemogram test… and after test doctor told that I have high Uric acid.. its 6.5 and it should be less than 5, and also I have very low vitamin d.. which is 37.40.. amd and may be I have gout problem.s. Kindly help me how to reduce uric acid and what kind of diet to take and avoid.. please help.. thaks
Asked On : Wed, 10 Aug 2011
Answers:  3 Views:  391
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
hi,thanks for query.You need to take medicines after advise from your doctor to take care of uric acid.Please avoid high protein diet(avoid pulses,green vegetables) to reduce uric acid.You also need to take vitamin d supplements and please have adequate exposure to sun daily to have natural synthesis of vitamin.d
wishing you good health.
Answered: Wed, 10 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani's  Response
thanks for query,
Take less vegetables like onions,cabbage,tomatoes,cauli flowers in diet.
You have to take regular medicines for gout for long time.
Ok and bye.
Answered: Wed, 10 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
welcome to hcm
you have not mentioned your weight. are u overweight. being overweight can complicate joint problems as they induce extra pressure on the knee joints. also obese patients tend to have higher uric acid. low vit d would definitely need correction.
avoid alcohol, reduce weight and recheck uric acid after some time. you can find a whole lot of "low purine"diet for patients of gout on any website. but i would not consider your problem to be gout just based on report of uric acid.
so can you elaborate on your sypmtoms. any other joint involved, swelling with redness present or not, fever. what is your exercise regimen.alcohol intake, bone pain, weakness on climbing stairs or getting up from squatting position.
awaiting your reply to help you further
Answered: Wed, 10 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor