You can keep a target of 2- 3 kg of weight loss
every month which is possible with a strict diet plan
and exercise . I hope you have stopped breastfeeding
by now and consult your doctor before taking any weight loss medication which is generally prescribed for obese
Foods to be avoided in a weight loss diet plan are:
• Prefer whole grains to refined products, so avoid maida and its products like noodles, pasta, white bread, bun, naan etc. and rice should be restricted to only once in a day preferably at noon time.
• Avoid sugar, jaggery, Horlicks or Bournvita and honey wherever possible.
• Foods to be taken in moderation such as roots and tubers like potato , yam , tapioca, sweet potato and high calorie fruits like avocado, jack fruit, mango, Custard apple, banana and chickoo.
• Increase fiber intake in your diet such as salads, sprouts and prefer whole fruits to fruit juices.
• Prefer skimmed milk(curd , buttermilk) to full cream milk
• Use minimum amount of oil for cooking, about 3 tsp in a day. This eventually means no deep fried foods and use combination of oils in your cooking .
• Avoid frequent consumption of cream, cheese, butter, ghee, margarine, mayonnaise, coconut , nuts and dry fruits in your diet.
• Avoid all bakery products, aerated beverages, desserts and fast foods.