Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

What diet should one follow to decrease weight ?

Hi..M 29 yrs old..and m overweight weight as of now is 97 kilo..m doing 150-200 crunches on a daily basis for the past 10 days..can u pls let me know what kind of diet should I follow?
Asked On : Mon, 6 Feb 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  77
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dietitian & Nutritionist 's  Response
hi ranjeet.. you need to do some more rigorous exercise like brisk walks/ jog/. swim/ dance for 1 hour daily.. eat small meals every 2-3 hours to up your metabolism.. have green tea and dates as you wake up, oats upma/ poha/ idli for breakfast, fruits and nuts in as mid morning snacks..salad with lunch along with jowar roti and veggies(green or any)..sprouts/ sukha bhel/ egg whites as evening snacks.. have a light dinner like soups, salads, veggies/ grilled non veg.. avoid junk and fried.. drink 2-3 liters of water...sleep well..
Answered: Thu, 29 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

OBGYN Dr. Minoo Bhagia's  Response
welcome to healthcaremagic forum
Diet should be fat free , you should not take cheese , butter , ghee , meat , chicken , pastries , cakes , canned food , sauce , pickles , ice cream etc
Diet should include fibre like multigrains , fresh green vegetables , oats , soya , fish oils , olive oils etc
Take salt restricted diet and less of sugar
Avoid junk food
Drink lot of water
Do regular exercises like brisk walk
Yoga and meditation help a lot
Take care
Answered: Mon, 6 Feb 2012
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor