Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
191 Doctors are Online

What diet should my husband take based on his bilirubin level ?

my husbands bilirubin is 6bilirubin direct is 48sgpt is 1610sgot is 1265 u noe what are ur opinon abt rest & diet as a week has passed to tis report
Asked On : Wed, 1 Jun 2011
Answers:  3 Views:  303
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General Surgeon 's  Response
Welcome to health care magic
     serum bilirubin is definitely high and SGOT/PT are also high ,Get other test done to know the cause HbsAg .also for C& E & get it treated.
‘Hope I have answered your query, I will be available to answer your follow up queries, “Wish you Good Health and speedy recovery”

Answered: Wed, 1 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
what are hbasg & c&e?
Answered: Wed, 1 Jun 2011
  User's Response
SEE UR HUSBAND SEEMS TO BE SUFFERING FROM HEPATITIS ie inflammation of liver and if he is not an alcoholic most likely it is then due to viral causes .... what are his symptoms ? u need to repeat all these tests to know the progress & some tests to assess the cause such as viral markers HBsAg & HCV IgM SERUM ALBUMIN & PROTHRMBIN TIME ...... IF NAUSEA AND DECREASED APPETITE IS PRESENT ....REST IS CERTAINLY NEEDED AS IS BOILED WATER AND BOIL FOOD WITH NO OIL,, GLUCOSE SUPPLEMENTAION .. ..HOME JUICES ...AND LIQUIDS APART FROM MEDICATIONS WILL HELP
Answered: Sun, 12 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor