Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
180 Doctors are Online

What diet should I give to my daughter to improve her health ?

hi my baby is of 15 months.she is only on mother feed. doctor told that she lacks calcium. what diet is to give her to improve her health. thanks
Asked On : Wed, 6 Apr 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  101
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
  User's Response
As you mentioned ur child takes milk only , well that shoudnt be the case for 15mths old. Growing children need more nutrition. Also, its this time that the child refuses to eat due to two reasons teething and taste.Give him mashed or grinded fruits and grains .This helps in 2 ways.
1. to swallow.the child finds difficult to chew due to teething.
2. the child may eat more because chewing whole grains makes the child tired fast and the child inturn eats less.

u can make upma in liquid form add little sauce ,can give dal ka paani. it taste gud and is healthy also.
Answered: Wed, 6 Apr 2011
  User's Response
baby should be on exclusively breast fed for 6 months after which weaning like cerelac and semisolid food has to be started along with breast milk .....
Answered: Wed, 6 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor