Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
184 Doctors are Online

What diet plan should I follow to improve my weight ?

hi i am 24 year old male weight is 54 kilograms. i want to increase my weight ... so plz suggest me some diet plan so i can improve my weight
Asked On : Mon, 23 May 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  121
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
Eat high calorie, high protein diet. Do not increase the intake of junk foods and greasy foods, this will contain unhealthy fats.
Eat healthy fats like omega-3 essential fatty acids sources like salmon, walnuts.
Eat good protein rich foods like lean meats, fish, poultry, egg white nuts, seeds, pulses and legumes.
Eat healthy carbohydrates like fruits, vegetables and whole grains.
Eat five to six small balanced meals per day rather than eating three large meals.
Protein powder and nutritional supplement drinks can be added

Eat at least these groups of food items.

Milk group: Milk, cheese, yoghurt, cottage cheese, ice cream.
Meat group: Meat, fish, poultry, eggs.
Vegetable group: Dried beans, peas, nuts, potatoes.
Fruit group: Fruit juices. Fruits like bananas, mango, chickoo.
Grain group: Cereals, breads, rolls, pasta, pancakes, rice, muffins
Answered: Tue, 24 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor