Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

What diet and treatment should be taken ?

my son is 17 years old , wt. is 70 kg , ht. is 5.6 ft. suffering from wheat allergy with very dry and skin peeling problem. IgE is 4000 he is on wheat withdrawl diet since 2 months but condition has no improvment.
Asked On : Tue, 5 Jul 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  79
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi, Please get the Allergy Profile of your son done, by which you can exclude allergy to any other food product or dust or drugs. Wheat exclusion from his diet shoud be complete, ie Roti, puri, parathas, bread, pizza, cakes ,pastries,dalia, sooji upma, noodles etc should be totally avoided.
This will reduce his IgE levels.
For skin peeling, apply moisturisers or coconut oil liberally, twice a day.
Pranayam or deep breathing will be very helpful.
Good Luck.
Answered: Tue, 5 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani's  Response
Thanks for query,
There may be some other problem other than wheat as after wheat withdrawal there is no improvement.
Consult dermatologist and go for investigation.
Take multi vitamine tab.and b.complex.
Take green veges and fresh fruits,
Take plenty of fluids.
ok and bye.
Answered: Tue, 5 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor