What course of treatment should be done for cough and sore throat?

I ve had a cold for 2 weeks. Sore throat along with it and a cough. Throat is now very sore, along with the back and sides of my tongue and gums. Throat doesn t look step Coughing obviously increases the pain in the throat. Should I see a doctor or is this common?
Thu, 14 Mar 2019
Dentist 's  Response
Hi Dear,

Understanding your concern. As per your query you symptoms of cough and sore throat which is due to upper respiratory tract infection. I would suggest you to do warm saline gargles and take paracetamol . You should take throat lozenges and avoid cold carbonated beverages. You should take antibiotic Ciprofloxacin in case of bacterial infection and combination with anti allergic medication Sinarest . Visit ENT specialist once and get it examined. You should get swab test, routine blood test and paranasal sinus x-ray done and start treatment after proper prescription. Avoid oily and sharp food. Drink glass of warm water with one spoon of honey.

Hope your concern has been resolved.

Best Wishes,
Dr. Harry Maheshwari