What could lumps on groin area suggest?

Hello, my dad just informed me that he has a lump near his groin area, that is black when he tries to shine a flashlight through it. (The doctors told him to do that with the lumps on his chest). I was just wondering if it is something we should be worried about.
Mon, 8 Dec 2014
Lumps in groin most likely suggest Lymph node swellings.
What is his age and does he have any other medical problems or is he on any medications?
You should see a Doctor or your GP who would be able to examine the swellings and tell you what it is.
I feel you should not postpone it and get it evaluated.
Shining light through a lump is to know whether they are cysts or not. As cysts brighten up on showing light through whereas solid swellings dont express any light through.
Take care and let me know.
You can also contact me by leaving a Specialist or Direct query on the site.
Dr Rishi, New Delhi, India.