What could linguinal lymph nodes suggest?

Hello, I recently noticed that a linguinal lymph node on the right side was about the size of a pea. It didn t hurt, but it worried me. So I called my doctor and got it looked at, and he put me on a medicine to help reduce the size, and told me that if it didn t disappear within two weeks, to come back in for further evaluation. This was 5 days ago. Since that time, I ve experienced it hurting some when I touch it, but now that I quit touching it, the past two days, my right leg feels weird... it s like it s numb or something. Sometimes it hurts in the front pelvic region, other times my calf hurts, and sometimes my right foot feels like it s falling asleep. I have no clue what is going on? Has anyone experienced anything like this? Thank you! - JC
Fri, 11 Jun 2021

I think you are talking about Inguinal lymph nodes on right side and now the right lower limb has started with symptoms as mentioned by you.
The small inguinal lymph nodes usually appear due to not so obvious reason as small scratches in skin of the drainage are like groin, scrotum can make them apparent which usually the body takes care and one does not need any special treatment.
Yet on the safe side you can ask for ulktrasound and FNAC to confirm the cause and take treatment accordingly if required.
As for the numbness, pain in right lower limb, the most probable cause looks to be like sciatica.
Get examination done thinking of this cause and may need MRI of the lumbar spine to look for any compression on spinal cord causing the symptoms that you have.
And color doppler to look for any vein related problems like varicose veins, DVT.

Take care. Hope I have answered your question. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. T. Chandrakant, General Surgeon