What could cause sudden leg weakness?

hello my one leg is very weak today all the sudden i have to pull it along to get it to move and its hard walking. this never happened before . but i do have restless leg syndrome. at night... also i have a pinched nerve in my back between my shoulders . any relation?
Mon, 15 Apr 2019
Physical Therapist or Physiotherapist 's  Response

Yes, a pinched nerve can lead to symptoms like the weakness of the lower limb. As nerve has a function of motor and sensory. Either of the function may get disturbed or both due to compression by the intervertebral disc.

I will advise for MRI spine. As this may help us that which level we are having nerve compression and what is the extent of the soft tissue injury. Post that we can take up the call. As there is a weakness of the leg I will advise to do core stability, spinal muscle strengthening exercises, hip muscle strengthening exercises, lower limb strengthening exercises to help improve the muscle power. Also, if there is any kind of soft tissue pathology which cannot be dealt with conservative management we need to look out for other options.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Jay Indravadan Patel, Physical Therapist or Physiotherapist