What could cause sore muscle?

My dad has been bed ridden for 4 days now. Not eating at all only really thirsty. Weak and fatigued with very sore muscles. No temp, no nausea or diaharea ... went to GP and they gave him anti inflammotary tablets only. His face is drawn in and he is not himself. What do you think? Shall i take him to the hospital?
Mon, 14 Jan 2019

The sore muscles can happen due to dehydration, electrolyte imbalance, too much exercise or due to myalgia. You need to start with plenty of electrolyte-rich fluids and see if it helps.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr Praveen Tayal, Orthopaedic Surgeon