What could cause frequent fainting?

I have been *almost fainting a couple of times in the last month and it's happened to me 4 times in the last 6 months. I have always eaten, so its not my blood sugar i'm sure, i wasn't sick (its common for me to be very light headed with vertigo when i am sick) but these times i wasn't and i am concerned now that it has happened twice in a short period of time something is wrong.
I am a 25 year old female, 170cm, about 55kg.
I get lightheaded, my ears start to ring or i start sweating very very quickly and i have to put my head between my legs or i know i will faint or fall over at least.

Thanks
Wed, 2 Jul 2014