• question-icon

What could cause bruise on both breasts?

I am just 80 years old and 14months ago had a stroke consequently I take quite a few medications i.e. Perendopril, Clopidogrel Baclofen, Quinine and Simvastatin I suffer with severe cramps and spasms in my right leg (my right side was affected by the stroke) the cramps etc., affect me more during the night. In the last two weeks I have found unexplained bruising on both breasts and today I have found one on my stomach....is this anything to worry about or could it be side effects of the Statins or any of the other medication. I must add that up to my stroke I was a very active person, ate reasonably healthily rode my bike every day ....consequently I am still a very positive person and am able to manage admittedly with help from family and friends on occasions. I would be grateful if you can shed some light on this situation, thanking you in anticipation. Jean Thatcher
Wed, 7 Jun 2017
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Clopidogrel can be a reason for this but you are not supposed to stop it also. Consult your physician for this.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. B.dinesh