• question-icon

What could bruising and swelling of scrotum post hernia surgery suggest?

hi,last wednesday i had an open surgery to repair an inguinal hernia on my left side. I had local anesthetic. i feel fine. back to work today 5 days later. The last couple of days i have noticed bruising and swelling of my scrotum and bruising in penis. any advise?
Wed, 27 Nov 2019
Urologist 's  Response

It is normal to feel bruising and pain after hernia surgery this may last for a few weeks. My advice is to take it easy and you may apply cold compress on the area and in the scrotum to limit the inflammation.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr Manuel C See IV, Urologist