What could black spots on tonsils during flu suggest?

Five days ago I came down with sore throat, congestion in sinuses and lungs. There was a lot of mucus. I felt it was the flu because of the sickness I felt all over. Now the sore throat has subsided but, I found a black spot in the back of my throat over my left tonsil. Is this normal and will it go away?
Thu, 5 Dec 2019

The symptoms seem to be related to tonsillitis. I recommend using an antibacterial throat spray for local applications. I also suggest gargling with saltwater.

I suggest to di a throat swab test to check for the presence of a bacterial infection which should be treated with antibiotics.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr Dorina Gurabardhi, General & Family Physician