• question-icon

What could be the white string attached to the clitoris?

aOkay, so i am recently checked under the hood (clitoris) and noticed this white thing that has practically attached itself onto my clit. (gross, i know) I know this because i started to like pull on it but it wouldn t let go. Its quite disgusting and its right on the tip under the hood. Also, my clitoris has like this hole, not literally but its like a dent and things can sort of go in there, i have found white stuff in there and it is also right near where the white thing is attached. I am really worried, im 14, i am a virgin and im afraid to consult this to my parents or even a gynecologist. Please help.
Tue, 14 Jan 2020

Most probably it will be a skin tag. It is a benign finding and does not cause any problems.

However other causes must be ruled out. Consult a gynecologist and get evaluated. A per vaginal examination is required to make a diagnosis.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr Shinas Hussain, General & Family Physician