Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

What could be the the reason of boil that comes after a surgery ?

my 24y. old son has a boil that seems to not want to go s already been cut out once,but has returned. he hasn t been back to the doctor for it,so i m very concerned now, it seems to have gotten deeper and turned like a black/purple color with a slight hole on top of it. what kind of doctor should he go see,I think he ll need surgery on this s on his buttucks. thanks
Asked On : Mon, 22 Aug 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  191
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases 's  Response
Welcome to healthcare magic.
Pus anywhere in the body has to be drained for cure.Incision and drainage can be done by visiting a general surgeon .Also he might need to take antibiotics and ensure proper hygiene to prevent recurrence.In case of recurrent boils one must get blood checked for other health problems like diabetes and case of chronic boil you must check pus for the causative organism by culture test.
Answered: Mon, 22 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor