Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
184 Doctors are Online

What could be the small, pea sized lump behind right ear of a 12 day old baby?

Hi my baby is 12 days old today - and i noticed a small pea sized lump behind his right ear. It's hard - anyone have idea what it might be? It doens't seem to bother her when i press on it.... and it's not red or anything. Just a bump noticeable by touch he has one behind the other ear also but not as prominent.
Asked On : Thu, 3 Oct 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  34
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare-Magic
Greetings of the day

Its most likely that the swelling you noticed is post-auricular Lymph node.
Its quite common to see small post auricular lymph node in the neck and behind the ear because of hyperemia in scalp because of sweating.

There is no cause for concern.

In case you need any further assistance, will be glad to assist you.

Wishing you happy and healthy life

Take Care

Best Regards
Dr T Shobha Deepak
Answered: Wed, 15 Jan 2014
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor