Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
187 Doctors are Online

What could be the red lump on breast which is getting larger ?

I am 30 years old, 5 2 and i weigh approx. 178lbs. I have a lump that just showed up about two weeks ago now and it is very tender. The skin above the lump is also red and it has begun to peel. It seems to be getting larger. The lump is located right next to my nipple and now I can feel it under my nipple as well. Any idea what this is?
Asked On : Sun, 10 Apr 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  150
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
You seem to have a breast abscess. You need to take an antibiotic and a pain-killer tablet. You may do hot fomentation too with a cloth heated on a tava.
You are 81 kg and 155 cm with BMI of nearly 30. Ideally your BMI should be below 25 and a target weight of 60 kg. Because of obesity you are prone to diabetes. So get your blood sugar checked for both fasting and two hours after.
Answered: Sun, 10 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor