• question-icon

What could be the red bumps on back of thighs of a 2 year old child?

My daughter is 2years of age. Yesterday when I was changing her diaper I noticed she had red bumps in the back of her thighs. I didn't pay too much mind till today, now she has them all over her theighs, legs , part of her hands, and stomach. It even has water in it? what is going on?
Sat, 11 Jan 2014
Pediatrician, Pulmonology 's  Response
Hi
Thanks for writing to health care magic.
The possibilities include diaper rash , Candida infection, allergic dermatitis.
If there is fluid inside then it's more of allergy or viral.
You can try local sootheners like calamine and aloe vera ointment.
Keeping the area dry would help.
Try uploading some photos to help us answer further on fungal infection
Wishing your kid great health
Dr Arun