Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
138 Doctors are Online

What could be the reason to have red blisters and open sores in my vagina ?

I m 17, but I ve been having this problem since 13 or 14, before being sexually active with anyone. So I m kind of confused. What are some possible infections I could have if I have recurring blisters and/or open sores that bleed on the fleshy part of my pelvic area? There are no symptoms of infection present on or around the vulva or inside the vagina.
Asked On : Mon, 4 Jul 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  104
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi Dear,

Welcome to HCM.
You could be having herpes infection.
Better consult a dermatologist, who will have to examine the lesions, do various tests, including microscopic examination of scrappings from the area, before a firm diagnosis can be made. Once the diagnosis is made proper treatment can be started.

Answered: Mon, 4 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. P. Mahesh's  Response
Hi Dear,
Herpes simplex virus 1 (HSV 1), is usually acquired orally in childhood. So sexual contact is not mandatory for various types of herpes. It may be acquired by other means as well.
Similarly Herpes Zoster ( Shingles) is caused by reactivation of the virus which previously caused chicken pox, then remains dormant for years and again shows up as shingles..
Answered: Mon, 4 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor