What could be the reason of itchy vagina ?

Hi, my vagina has been very itchy lately and it has given me great discomfort. Also when i pee it hurts inside my vagina, what could it be?
Mon, 25 Apr 2011
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,  
Radiologist 's  Response
Hi!
welcome to healthcaremagic.com.Since you have not given your age a general list of conditions are there like Candida(fungal infection),Abrasive ill fitting undergarments,Bacterial vaginosis,Diabetes,etc..Check for these and let us know.
Hi
Welcome to HealthcareMagic.

You must have caught an Urinary Tract infection or a Genital infection.I advise you to visit your Gynecologist and get examined for the evaluation of same.A course of antibiotics or antifungal application along with excessing hydration can treat the infection efficiently.Meanwhile , please keep taking plenty of water.That will help in quick elimination of infection.