Owl Image

What could be the reason of having low platelets count after tooth extraction ?

I got my teeth (no 32) extracted one month back ( no unusal bleeding occured and wound was healing on its pace),but i was not feeling comfortable , i went to the dental doctor and told him the same he took the x- ray and found that some piece is still inside the socket which is causing infection.i got my blood cp which showed low platelet 95 k pathologist advised me to keep track my platelet count and i got it check after one week and this time it was 125 k and after another week the result is 73 k . my hiv , hepatitis B , C IS NEGATIVE also. please advise me what could be the reason of this low platelet thanks indeed
Sun, 22 May 2011