Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

What could be the reason for purple lump on eyelid ?

I have a purple lump on my eyelid, I do not think I have done anything to cause this. I am 52 years old and female. Do you know what it may be? I think it could be a burst blood vessel? Thanks
Asked On : Mon, 11 Apr 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  489
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response
I have a purple lump on my top left eye lid, (near bridge of nose) not sure how I got it, it was just there. if I squeeze the lump it is very painful I want it removed what do you suggest.

would my GP remove the lump under local anaesthetic as it is annoying.

many thanks
Answered: Tue, 26 Jul 2011
General Surgeon Dr. Rajinder Bajoria's  Response
Welcome to health care magic forum
It can be a hemangioma or AV malformation if there are pulsation in it ,so consult some eye surgeon & get it treated properly.
Wish you good health
Answered: Mon, 11 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]

Related questions you may be interested in


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor