Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
151 Doctors are Online

What could be the reason for paining bulge near the lower ribs for a person having gastric problem ?

hi , my mother is having pain and bulge (golf ball size) at lower ribs( right side)..she has gastric problem. A year back she got diagnosed fatty liver(mild Hepatomegaly ) and then doctor adviced blood test,results was normal
Asked On : Tue, 22 Feb 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  132
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
welcome to HealthcareMagic
The golf ball sized lump if it is not very hard & not painful it could be a lipoma a harmless tumor or swelling formed due to deposition of fats at that particular place.If it is hard ;painful;or she has any other symptom then she will require to get it investigated.
Answered: Thu, 31 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor