What could be the reason for having white flakes on my tampon?

I had sex for the first time a few days ago ( using a condom ) and today I began to feel itchyness on my vagina , im on my period and when I changed my pad and tampon, I noticed small white things that I think are flakes that were located on my underwear pad and vagina , can anybody tell me what it is
Thu, 29 Jul 2021

Thick, white, clumpy discharge, like wet toilet paper may indicate a vaginal yeast infection (Vaginal candidiasis). The symptoms of a yeast infection include itchiness, irritation and aches around the vulva or painful sex. However,in many cases, it can be a normal discharge also. As you may also notice an increase in thick and white discharge just before or after the periods.

In your case,as you had sex with condom, so minimizing chances of fresh infection including yeast infection. Also, as you are in your period, therefore chances of normal discharge may be also there. Hence you are advised to wait for 3-5 days, after your period. If, still the symptoms persist, then, you are advised to see your doctor about this.

Take care. Hope I have answered your question. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Satnarain Bansal, General & Family Physician