What could be the reason for chestpain, shortness of breath while walking the dog in the cold?

my chest hurt on thanksgiving eve, went out to walk dog in cold with m daugher.. I noticed a squeezing feeling and was an effort to talk.. I thought it may be just the cold weather I am 51..in pretty good shape , then again on Christmas eve again wen tout at night in cold to walk dog, and this time it was a little more scary out of breath and had to walk indoors.. the pain didn t completely subside for a few hours later .. not sure if this could be an gina or just constricted airway from being in the cold ..very concerned, have an upcoming surgery on Jan 13th ..
Fri, 10 Jan 2014