Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

What could be the reason for blocked fallopian tube ?

Hello i am 28 years married girl. Its been two years i am married. Apr 2009 i got my first miscarriage on my 45th day... then got cleaned with a tablet by my gyanec....then i had a big gap...later in 2010 May i got conceived with treatment of ovulation and got conceived.....on my 45th day of my first scan, they came to know it is an ectopic pregnancy ,,so i had to remove my left fallopian tube through Laproscopy.....i have a block in my right fallopian tube......Suggest the best way that i can proceed now.....Hema
Asked On : Wed, 30 Nov 2011
Answers:  3 Views:  398
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
  User's Response
welcome to hcm
in this conditio you can take ayurvedic or homeopathic treatment.
in ayurveda there are so many medicine which are very helpful for this condition
for more information you can call me on my cell no.9424883137
Answered: Tue, 13 Dec 2011
General & Family Physician Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta's  Response
Hello.Welcome to HCM forum.Very frankly the chances of getting normal fertilization are very rare.After ectopic pregnancy and removal of a Fallopian tube the chances of normal pregnancy are dimmed even in presence of a normal Fallopian tube.In your case the problem gets more grave as you have a single tube and that is also blocked.There is no point trying to get your blocked tube patent as such surgeries have very minimal fruitful outcome.Best for you is to contact a infertiliy specialist and get IVF done without wasting time,money and energy on other things.Thanks and good luck.
Answered: Tue, 13 Dec 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Yogesh D's  Response
Hello Mrs Hema,

Welcome to HealthcareMagic forum.

Your condition is very challenging one and requires experts to handle it.

I understand you are in quite a lot of misery because of your condition.

Based on the description provided by you, I understand that you have one of your fallopian tubes removed due to an ectopic pregnancy and the other tube is blocked.

With this history I wonder the primary problem with you could be an abnormality of the tubes. I am thinking that may be your tubes have abnormal lumen or abnormal ciliary motility, the reason for which could be a long standing infection in the tubes or an inflammatory process of the tubes. Another possibility could be ciliary motility disorders(Genetic disorders).

One common disease causing such tubal occlusion is tuberculosis of the tubes and adjoining tissue. So I personally feel it is worth while searching for the cause for the tubal occlusion.

Once the cause is ascertained, the treatment can be tailored to your specific needs.

If no such problem is found, the next step would be to finding out the exact location of the block in your tube, this is done by doing a hysterosalpingogram. Based on this the tube can be repaired.

The surgery is a very delicate one, requires a tremendous expertise in such surgical procedures for it to be effective.

If tubal repair fails, you can consider in-vitro fertilization (IVF) and implantation of the fetus. IVF will most certainly help you in my opinion.

You need to discuss all these with your infertility specialist before going further.

Hope I have answered all your queries. You can write back to me if you have further queries, otherwise you can use our payed services wherein an infertility specialist will be able to answer your queries.

Wishing you good luck.

Answered: Wed, 30 Nov 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor