Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
198 Doctors are Online

What could be the reason for a lump in my vagina?

Hi, I m a 17 year old female and I have had a large fleshy lump (about the size of a kidney bean ) in the left wall of my vagina for around 3 years, it s slowly got bigger and extremely painful, also causing me shooting pains and an achy feeling in my left leg. I ve been to the doctors endless amounts of times and they do nothing. Sometimes it s so painful it intervenes with my daily routine . I pee a lot aswell, I feel as if I m going to pee myself but I have the smallest dribble come out. I ve had enough, any answers?
Asked On : Sun, 15 Apr 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  140
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Welcome to HCM

It is a Bartholin Cyst. When it becomes infected then you feel pain. Bartholin glands which are usually situated at the entrance of vagina on both side are usually invisible, and can't be felt.When the duct becomes blocked, it enlarges and develops in cyst.
The causese for Abscess could be due to E.coli infection from Intestine, STD, like Gonorrhea, and Chlamydia. As you have frequency and painful urine, with scanty dribbling, most robably you have STD. You need to go to the Doctor and take complete treatment. The doctor has to do drainage of the abscess, and will give you antibiotics. it is important that your Doctor gives treatment to your partner also, if you have any.
Take very good care .
Answered: Sun, 15 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor