Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

What could be the reason for Swollen nipples in male ?

My husbands right nipple is red and swollen. He says it is really tender to the touch. What could this be ?
Asked On : Wed, 23 Mar 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  1364
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Thanks for query,
Your husband might have infection in the nipple.
Due to scratching or breech in the nipple skin might have given infection and redness.
Nothing to worry,it may be infection as it appears on other parts of the body.
Take antibiotc course and he will be alright.
Ok and bye.
Answered: Fri, 22 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor