Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
152 Doctors are Online

What could be the extra bone on the rib of an infant ?

Hi there my daughter on her right had side she has like some extra bone on her rib i have seen a consultant about it they did a xray and said it wast cartillige it seems to have grown abit does cartillige grow I take it bones grow? my daughter is 5 months old she saw a consultant when she was 2 months and they said they will review her again when she is 6months old
Asked On : Sun, 15 Apr 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  228
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Radiologist, Nuclear Medicine 's  Response
Yes cartilage will grow along with bones, like all other tissues. Sounds like they are keeping a close eye on her and reviewing her again, which will be the right thing to do. Children can have many such developmental anomalies and most do not ever cause any problems.
Answered: Sun, 15 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
the medication will not provide good cure for reduing and removing extra bone oth the rib.perhaps some evasive procedure will become some useful.orthosurgeon can give better help.
dr.mohsin madni
Answered: Sun, 15 Apr 2012
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor