What could be the complication of atrial fibrosis in future ?

been diagnosed with atrial fib. doctors will do cardioversion soon. anyone been through it? doctor says my atrial fibrillation likely caused by longtime heartvalve problem. They are going to try an electrical jolt to kick heart back into r hythm. just wondered if anyone else out there has had the procedure, was it successful and how things went afterwards. I would like my life back, to be active again. Anybody s good e xperiences or bad ones will be equally welcome because I just want to assess my possibilities and hoping for the best outcome, but preparing for the worst, is equally important. So, anyone who can relate to this, with something to share, I d like to hear from you.
Thu, 17 Dec 2009